Programa de actividades de las fiestas en honor a Santa...
The tower is part of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción church, declared as a place of historic interest and an example of the Mudejar architecture of Aragon that is one of the best representative buildings in Zaragoza province. The tower measures 55 metres and was built during different periods between the late XIV and XVI century.
The four sided body with pinnacles at the top corners was built in the mid XVI century ruled by Ines de Mendoza marquess of Camarasa and it was finished around 1758 with an octagonal body and the spire with an iron cross on top. Incidentally, in February 2nd 1578, Nuestra Señora de Media Villa de Ricla brotherhood donated fifty Jaquesas pounds that is equal to 1.42 euros now. The queen Elisabeth II also donated some money for the current spire.
The tower was restored in 2010 and it has several floors with different designs. The stair is between the face that forms the cetral space of the tower and the outside masonry. The outside is made out of bricks making crossed rhombuses that form interlaced archs with several horizontal brick strips arranged in a corner.